Bookmark this page to stay current on the renovations and rehabs that are going in in Walt Disney World. Disney has several ongoing projects that will impact your theme park and resort experience. Franniepoppins Vacation Magic will make sure you know what to expect when you are planning your Disney vacation. Contact me today for help planning your next vacation! Franniepoppins will provide you with FREE itinerary planning and all the current news you need.
Updated on August 27, 2015
Walt Disney World Monorail
The Walt Disney World® Resort Monorail System will undergo refurbishment that will impact the Express monorail beam, which runs between the Ticket & Transportation Center and the Magic Kingdom. Express beam shutdowns will occur between the hours of 11:30 a.m. and 6 p.m. on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. The Resort beam will continue to run during downtimes. Guests arriving at the Ticket & Transportation Center during downtimes will be directed to the ferry boats. The work started on Mar. 10, 2015 and will run through the December of 2015.
Walt Disney World Theme Parks
- Pirates of the Caribbean will close on June 8, 2015 for a lengthy renovation. Reopening is set for September 25, 2015.
- Liberty Tree Tavern will have an extensive makeover and be closed July 6 through November 19, 2015.
- Diamond Horseshoe Saloon is closed for renovation from August through November 19, 2015.
- Walt Disney World Railroad will undergo a renovation starting on October 12 through November 20, 2015.
- Disney’s The Magic Behind the Steam Trains Tour will not be available as long as the renovation of the railroad is going on.
- Peter Pan’s Flight will not be operating from November 2 through November 7, 2015.
- Maelstrom is being re-imagined into a Frozen themed attraction. This work has a completion date of April 30, 2016.
- Living With the Land in the Land Pavilion will be closed September 8 through September 17, 2015.
Disney’s Hollywood Studios
- Star Wars Land, Toy Story Land! Stay Tuned for Lots of Updates!
Disney’s Animal Kingdom
- Construction has started on Avatar Land. It is expected to be completed in 2017.
- Primeval Whirl is being renovated starting on August 17 through November 12, 2015.
- Pizzafari will be closed for renovation from August 23 through October 19, 2015.
- Roadwork on Buena Vista Drive is seeing lots of work, Using the Disney Transportation provided is probably your best bet for a while.
- Parking Lot Entrance 2 Lots A-G is closed preparing for the Town Center and Parking Garage.
- Fulton’s Crab House will be closed January 1, 2016 through April 1, 2016.
- Planet Hollywood will be closed January 1, 2016 through June 1, 2016.
- Typhoon Lagoon Water Park: Closed January 3 through March 12, 2016
- Blizzard Beach Water Park: Closed October 26, 2015 through January 2, 2016
Walt Disney World Resorts
All Star Music – None
Animal Kingdom Lodge – None
Art of Animation – None
The Beach Club
- Guest Room Renovations and other resort renovations will be ongoing at this resort from October 13, 2014 through August 22, 2015.
The Boardwalk Inn
- Exterior painting will be done starting on August 17, 2015 through May 6, 2016.
- The Fitness Center, Salon and Casitas Leisure Pool will be closed July 5 through October 12, 2015. An alternate fitness center will be set up in the Casitas area and all other pools will be open.
Port Orleans French Quarter
- French Quarter Kiddie Pool will be closed for renovation starting on September 8 through December 23, 2015.
The Contemporary – None
- Gasparilla Island Grill will be closed August 23 through September 6, 2015. Mizner’s will offer Grab and Go options and Beaches Pool Bar will offer breakfast during this time.
- General Construction – December 2013 through early 2016
During this time guests will see different areas of construction and at times some paths and walkways may not be available.
- Polynesian East Pool – Mid-April 2015 through early 2016
Closed for enhancement. During this time, Guests will observe construction taking place and certain pathways and buildings may be unavailable. Noise may be overheard while this work is being completed; however construction will not begin until after 9:00 a.m. The recently renovated Feature Pool will be available (weather permitting).
Saratoga Springs – None
- General Resort Refurbishment will be ongoing from October 2, 2015 through 2017. Disney is building DVC cabins at this resort. The Hidden Springs leisure pool area (the leisure pool at The Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge), resort beach, playground, Recreation fire pit and nature trail will be unavailable. Noise may be overheard while this work is being completed, but construction will not begin until after 9 a.m.